Products & Services
>> Relay Trainer
1362 - MD
April 28, 2017
Relay Center Manager
Prepares and teaches comprehensive training programs that are designed to maximize the effectiveness of new and existing Trainees.
• Constructs training programs designed to provide trainees with the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in their positions.
• Gains and maintains a strong understanding of all relay related information to training programs.
• Identifies shortcomings in trainees and informs the Quality Assurance Department and Supervisors of these weaknesses.
• Responds to Quality Assurance Department and Supervisor feedback on existing Relay floor staff and determines an appropriate training-based solution for improvement.
• Assesses the abilities of each Trainee and determines a realistic timeframe for beginning full Relay floor responsibilities.
• Utilizes existing presentation and training materials in a creative and effective manner.
• Trains on a multitude of topics such as relay procedures and company policies.
• Adjusts training program to fit the continually changing needs of the relay environment.
• Measures recruiting and training methods, and reports information to the Quality Assurance Department and the Relay Center Manager.
• Solicits and utilizes recommendations for training topics from many resources including the Relay Center Manager, Quality Assurance Department, Relay Floor Supervisory Staff and external resources.
• Utilizes a variety of methods to aid the improvement of Trainees and Relay floor staff as it relates to call processing.
• Provides direct supervision to Trainees and Relay floor staff when resolving difficult or unusual call situations.
• Works with Relay Floor Supervisory Staff and Quality Assurance Department to identify training needs, and will assist in the training of Relay Floor staff as call handling weaknesses are identified.
• Develops and fosters a positive, energetic, enthusiastic work atmosphere that stresses team above self.
• Develops and initiates professional Trainees and Relay Floor Staff call processing techniques and directs all Trainees in applying the same standards and techniques to their calls.
• As requested, implements training techniques to shorten the amount of training time as well as increase the effectiveness of the training program.
• Communicates with Trainees, Relay Floor Staff and all other management personnel in a positive manner.
• Maintains the ability to work flexible hours and will teach day and evening training classes.
• Regular attendance that is punctual and dependable is required.
• Assists in a Supervisory role on weekends and holidays as needed.
• Performs other work-related duties as assigned by the Relay Center Manager.
• Carries out “special project” needs as assigned.
• Willingness to process relay calls when needed.
• Ability and willingness to travel alone.
Preferred education, experience, and skills:
• High school diploma or equivalent is required.
• A combination of three to five years of work experience or schooling related to education or training is preferred.
• Knowledge of deaf and or hard of hearing culture is preferred.
• Ability to develop a comprehensive understanding of relay policies and procedures.
• Strong verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
• Proficient with computers and software programs.
Refer to a Friend
Copyright © 2014 Hamilton Telecommunications