Position summary: Installs, modifies, and makes repairs to personal computer hardware and software systems. This person will be responsible for answering and/or troubleshooting customer questions and service issues in a help desk environment. Provides customer service and sales support for Internet, Telephone, Cobalt TV and assists customers with service selection and enrollment.
• Troubleshoots and then resolves hardware and software problems on personal and business computers in a timely manner.
• Provides help desk assistance to Hamilton.net subscribers, and perspective subscribers including set up, use and troubleshooting both over the phone and in person.
• Assists walk-in customers with sales and service for Internet, Telephone, Cobalt TV and Hamilton Information Systems service/product offerings.
• Assists in the compilation and maintenance of help desk, infrastructure and inventory documentation.
• Clearly documents customer interactions including service bills, trouble tickets and customer inquiries.
• Assists with documentation and data entry necessary for the creation of service bills.
• Creates and maintains documentation on how to perform all duties and functions required of this position.
• Performs similar work related duties as assigned.
• Ability to lift and move a minimum of 20 pounds.
• Ability to manipulate and use hand tools.
• Ability to hear and see both auditory and visual commands from customers, supervisors and co-workers.
Preferred education, experience, and skills:
• Associate's degree (A.A.S.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• A+ Certification or equivalent knowledge would be helpful.
• Experience with all major operating systems, networking and with network troubleshooting preferred.
• Strong user level experience in the operation of computers and accompanying computer programs, particularly in an internet environment.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
• Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English well.