|Title:||Captioning Assistant - Customer Service|
|ID:||1351 - GA|
Reports To: Supervisor
Position Summary: Captioning Assistants are responsible for providing quick and accurate captions for telephone conversations of Captioned Telephone clients using voice recognition applications.
An individual must be able to perform each of the following essential job duties at a satisfactory level:
- Multi-task (listen to audio, voice what was heard, proof-read developing captions- all simultaneously).
- Attend job-appropriate meetings and training sessions.
- Monitor technical issues on calls and report to appropriate staff.
- Sign and abide by Hamilton Relay Service Confidentiality Agreement, even after employment is termed.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
Requirement/Skills: An individual must possess each of the skills outlined below.
- Good keyboarding skills and able to type at a minimum rate of 35 WPM with a low error rate.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Minimum requirement of a GED or Equivalency.
- Excellent reading abilities.
- Strong voice abilities and voice qualities- ability to speak quickly with clear enunciation.
- Excellent spelling and vocabulary.
- Strong memory-recall ability.
- Calm and relaxed demeanor.
- Comfortable and familiar with computers and new technology.
- Positive work attitude.
- Ability to work as a team with minimal supervision.
- Work a variety of shifts that may include evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.