|Title:||Assistant HR Manager|
|Application Deadline:||December 15, 2017|
NSC Human Resources Manager
Responsible for employee recruitment and hiring for all business lines, addressing complaints and resolving problems, assisting in policy and procedure development; and processing, verifying, maintaining and developing documentation relating to personnel activities such as staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations, and classifications. Provides general support for HR Manager and HR department as needed.
• Assess, forecast and meet staffing requirements by studying staffing plans and objectives and meeting with managers to discuss needs.
• Coordinates with the managers to complete an Employment Request Form (ERF) for all open positions.
• Coordinates with the managers to plan external advertising of job openings.
• Builds and develops applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, social media, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits.
• Create employment ads for all business lines and communicate with managers and advertising sources.
• Posts internal job openings.
• Assures applicants receive job description and application.
• Accepts, reviews and evaluates completed applications.
• Recommends applicants for interview based on work history, education, training, job skills, and other qualifications.
• Coordinates and schedules interviews with applicants.
• Performs interviews when needed.
• Oversees recruiters and individuals performing assessments at other locations.
• Informs applicants about job duties, responsibilities, wage and benefits, hours and working conditions, company policies and other related information.
• Performs reference checks on applicants work history, arranges applicable tests for applicants job related skills and submits background checks.
• Performs follow-up on applicants not selected for employment.
• Maintain applicant tracking system.
• Completes various reporting.
• Provides input related to prevailing wage rates associated with the area.
• Develops strong working relationship with company management and strives to meet their recruiting needs efficiently.
• Work with supervision/management on appropriate employee corrective action and documentation.
• Manage the implementation, interpretation and administration of established HR policies and programs; assist in keeping employees informed of HR policies; counsel with and coach employees and management of HR policies, performance, complaints, and other matters.
• Assists with new policy and procedure development.
• Project management for HR initiatives.
• Assists and acts as back up for Human Resources Manager and Human Resources department.
• Participates as an active member in team meetings.
• Stresses quality in every work situation.
• Makes recommendations to Human Resource Manager related to the maximization of departmental effectiveness and efficiency.
• Attends recommended training seminars and strives to expand personal human resource related knowledge.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Ability and willingness to work non-standard hours as needed.
• Ability to travel if requested.
• Performs similar work related duties as assigned.
Preferred Education, experience, and skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or equivalent work experience.
• Three to five years human resource related experience, or comparable education.
• Knowledge of labor law compliance issues and practices.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Ability to use office equipment such as computer, copier, fax machine, and multi-extension telephone.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
• Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
• Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.