|Title:||Human Resources Generalist|
|ID:||1370 - LA|
|Location:||Baton Rouge, LA|
|Application Deadline:||Open until filled|
Reports to: Relay Center Manager/NSC Human Resources Manager or Human Resources Generalist II
Position summary: The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for day-to-day payroll functions and benefits administration in the Relay Center with an emphasis on confidentiality in all situations. In addition, the HR generalist will assist with handling personnel issues as well as morale, retention, and recruiting efforts.
- Maintains and reconciles daily attendance records.
- Reviews and signs off on biweekly payroll data such as hours, bonus/incentives, referral bonus information and pay rate change forms in a highly confidential manner.
- Tracks employee hiring and terminations and completes related forms, notifications, and reports.
- Conducts each employee’s benefit orientation and ensures employees completely and correctly fill out all employee enrollment forms during benefits orientation process.
- Monitors weekly hours used to determine eligibility for company provided benefit plans and initiates related notifications and benefit changes.
- Aids in employee benefit awareness; communicates benefits available, answers benefit related questions, and informs employees of any changes to existing programs.
- Maintains employee personnel files, ensures all necessary documentation is included, and releases only to authorized individuals.
- Handles and/or assists with personnel issues such as employee discipline, attendance, growth, morale, etc.
- Monitors employee retention and recruiting metrics and lead efforts to improve results in these areas.
- Initiates employee morale efforts.
- Assists in posting job openings and advertising for internal and external applicants.
- Assists in the planning and conducts new employee orientation to introduce new employees to company policies and practices.
- Assists in managing all personnel issues in a manner that follows Hamilton policies and procedures.
- Assists in monitoring compliance with federal and state requirements related to Relay and general HR regulations.
- Attends recommended training seminars and strives to expand personal human resource related knowledge.
- Maintains open communication with the Relay Center Manager, Director of Operations and corporate Human Resources Manager to ensure the center is compliant with company policies and procedures.
- Regular attendance that is punctual and dependable is required.
- Performs similar work related duties as assigned.
Preferred education, experience, and skills:
- High school education or equivalent is required.
- One to three years human resource related experience, or comparable education.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Stresses quality in every work situation.
- Ability to use office equipment such as computer, copier, fax machine, and multi-extension telephone.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.