Position summary: Prepares monthly adjusting, recurring, correcting and closing journal entries; prepares general ledger account reconciliations; prepares monthly inter-company transaction billings; prepares monthly balance sheets, income statements and statements of cash flows.
• Compiles current month and year to date general ledger information for operating companies and divisions as assigned.
• Prepares balance sheets, income statements and statements of cash flow.
• Submits preliminary monthly financial statements to supervisor for review.
• Promptly responds to and corrects supervisors review comments and corrections to the monthly financial statements and supporting documentation.
• Distributes approved financial statements to designated managers and other designated individuals.
• Prepares inter-company billings in accordance with current contracts using current month operating and statistical information.
• Accumulates subsidiary information from various departments and prepares monthly journal entries.
• Maintains monthly supporting documentation for journal entries required to adequately report the financial position for each company.
• Posts monthly journal entries and transactions on accounting system for each company.
• Reconciles master ledger accounts to subsidiary ledger detail.
• Assists in preparing the variety of year-end schedules, work papers, trial balances, etc. required by the company’s CPA firm.
• Participates with other departmental staff in the completion of a wide variety of projects, as requested.
• Assist accounting manager in documenting formal accounting policies and procedures manual for all companies.
• Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Preferred education, experience, and skills:
• Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or Accounting preferred, or possess equivalent work experience for the duties described combined with Associates Degree in Business Administration or Accounting.
• Proficiency with computer terminals, keyboards and calculator.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work and to meet deadlines.
• Proficiency with spreadsheet programs (e.g. Microsoft Excel).
• Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to read, to write, speak and understand English well.