The LAN Technician is part of a team providing administration/support of the Local Area Network, PC workstations. The focus is dealing with end user problems and developing solutions with colleagues across multiple business lines to maintain and improve Windows based systems.
• Operation, maintenance, support, and installation of PCs including technology upgrades, performance tuning, and problem resolution.
• Document and assist with documentation of solutions, technical information, maintenance procedures, other processes and procedures, standards and training material as required.
• Work closely with IT project managers, programmers, web developers and systems support staff
• Collaborate with the Senior LAN Technician to formulate network solutions
• Monitoring adherence to the IT policy and procedures.
• Participate in 24/7 on call duty assignments as needed.
• Configure, install, repair and maintain local area network hardware, software and other services for PCs, system software, software applications, and printers.
• Provide hardware/software/help desk and troubleshooting support to the company’s end users.
• Plan, manage, and work on multiple simultaneous projects, many of them complex.
• Deal with system outages and provide timely reports on status and final disposition to Senior Technician or LAN Administrator.
• Function independently with general guidance from LAN Administrator, senior IT staff, and other management.
• Maintain an excellent professional and customer focused relationships through direct contact and frequent communication for both internal and external customers.
• Perform other tasks as required.
• Ability to stand, crouch and kneel for long periods of time.
• Ability to climb stairs and carry a load of 50 pounds.
• Ability to manipulate and use a standard computer keyboard and other computer components.
• Ability to hear and see both auditory commands and signals from computer, telephony and other electronic equipment.
Education, experience, and skills:
• A Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, related field or comparable years of experience is preferred. Other education and relevant experience will be considered.
• Security compliance experience or training.
• A strong working knowledge of application troubleshooting, PC repair and security.
• Experience on Windows 7/10 and entry level Active Directory knowledge.
• Possess a valid driver’s license.
• Excellent writing skills for technical documentation.
• Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written English.
• Interact professionally and work productively with the public, industry, business representatives, and other Hamilton employees.
• Excellent deductive reasoning and problem solving skills.
• A strong desire to learn and improve.
• A strong sense of responsibility and initiative.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.