Reports to: Relay Center Manager/NSC Human Resources Manager
Position summary: The Human Resources Generalist II is responsible for providing leadership and guidance to as well as direct supervision of HR and administrative staff in the Relay Center. The HR Generalist II will oversee and/or personally handle various personnel issues throughout the Relay Center and work closely with Center management to provide a safe, productive, and desirable work environment for Relay employees.
• Sets goals and objectives for HR and administrative staff within the Relay Center. Manages these employees and holds them accountable for their objectives. Provides regular performance feedback, including performance reviews.
• Assists and advises Relay Center staff in HR-related processes, such as performance management, coaching, recruiting, payroll, and benefits.
• Monitors compliance with federal and state requirements related to Relay and general HR regulations and develops corrective action in areas that are not in compliance.
• Audits employee personnel files and HR reporting to ensure all necessary documentation is included and that all required forms are being used properly.
• Handles and/or assists with personnel issues such as employee discipline, attendance, growth, morale, etc.
• Acts as an escalation point for HR issues.
• Trains, advises and assists HR Generalist with all HR tasks when needed.
• Completes various administrative reports for HR and Operations and forwards to management.
• Develops and maintains employee onboarding and training programs and materials.
• Trains and guides HR and admin staff in job duties. Provides supplemental training and/or development programs for other Relay employee as requested.
• Participates in or facilities team meetings, training, and coaching sessions.
• Manages personnel issues in a manner that follows Hamilton policies and procedures.
• Maintains open communication with the Relay Center Manager, Director of Operations and corporate Human Resources Manager to ensure the center is compliant with company policies and procedures.
• Makes recommendations to Relay Management related to the maximizing departmental effectiveness and efficiency.
• Performs similar work related duties as assigned.
Preferred education, experience, and skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or equivalent work experience.
• Three to five years human resource related experience, or comparable education.
• Expertise in benefit administration, training and electronic records management a plus.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Stresses quality in every work situation.
• Ability to use office equipment such as computer, copier, fax machine, and multi-extension telephone.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Ability and willingness to travel alone if requested.