|Title:||Computer Systems Technician|
|ID:||1367 - LA|
|Location:||Baton Rouge, LA|
|Application Deadline:||May 10, 2017|
Reports to: Relay Technical Manager
Position summary: This multifunction position is primarily responsible for upgrades, maintenance, and troubleshooting of various computer based systems within an environment which emphasizes user support. In addition, the position will be responsible for testing and documentation.
- Works directly with the Relay Technical Manager and LAN/Network Managers to ensure computer system upgrades, maintenance and troubleshooting are done in a manner consistent with company wide Information Services philosophy.
- Assists in the preparation of appropriate functional documentation of network configurations, technical tips and recovery/maintenance procedures.
- Supports and troubleshoots the internal networks and PC systems including Unix, Windows PCs with WAN and Internet network connections.
- Assists in the maintenance of WAN interfaces with the other Hamilton facilities and the various telephone network providers in conjunction with the LAN/Network Managers.
- Assists in the installation, set up, training and administration of Local Area Networks including network user configurations and the creation/modification of connections with other networks.
- Installs, configures and supports general office software on networked Windows PC’s.
- Accountable for maintenance and support of office facilities and equipment. Ensure upkeep of the facility and perform and/or contract maintenance as required.
- Communicates with internal and external customers to resolve service concerns and service questions.
- Works with software developers to develop testing procedures and documentation as well as test proprietary software.
- Willingness to be on call on a scheduled and unscheduled basis.
- Participates and develops an understanding of quality service in conjunction with overall continuous improvement efforts.
- Assists in the maintenance and entry of data in various database tables.
- Prepares or reviews necessary software and hardware modification requests and coordinates with LAN/Network Managers.
- Possesses the ability, willingness, and desire to obtain schooling, attend seminars, and work with others relating to on the job training.
- Performs similar work related duties, as required.
Education, experience, and skills:
- A combination of two to five years computer related secondary education and work experience.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work in order to meet deadlines.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows and Unix-based Operating systems.
- Strong understanding of computer communication concepts.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English well.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding or experience with telephony networks is preferred.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability and willingness to travel alone.