Fiber Installation Technician
|Title:||Fiber Installation Technician|
Up to $2500 Sign On Bonus!*Position summary: Installs, repairs, bonds and grounds underground and aerial cable, installs conduit, pedestals, and other cable and wire related facilities; performs general building and grounds upkeep and equipment maintenance.
- Operates equipment and vehicles, on and off road; tows equipment and cable on trailers; loads and unloads equipment and cable.
- Backfills and compacts trenches using hand tools and power equipment.
- Pulls cable and wire through trenches and structural areas of buildings.
- Removes and replaces sod on easements.
- Works on a team with installers to test and repair outside cable plant; connects various test equipment to cable plant that indicate noise, power and current.
- General building and ground maintenance in and around local and remote company buildings.
- Performs general equipment maintenance such as repair or replacement of worn parts and general painting and lubrication of equipment.
- Posses a willingness to be on call on both a scheduled and unscheduled basis.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to effectively work in extremes of heat and cold such as experienced in this locale.
- Ability to lift and move a minimum of 100 pounds and to utilize lifting equipment.
- Ability to stand, crouch and kneel for long periods of time.
- Ability to manipulate and use hand tools.
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs on a regular basis.
- Ability to hear and see both auditory and visual commands from superiors and co-workers.
- Will be subject to substantial noise while operating some equipment.
- Utility construction and/or telecommunications experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of copper and fiber optic cable.
- Basic telecommunications technology
- Hold valid Nebraska drivers license with a good driving history.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Ability to work independently.
*Application must be received between 4/29/2022 and 7/31/2022. Must be employed at time of payout to receive sign-on bonus. Bonus is considered taxable income. Re-hires are not eligible for sign-on bonus.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications