|Application Deadline:||Open until filled|
Supports the Controller and CFO in a wide variety of functions. Prepares month-end and year-end close procedures. Develops and documents business and accounting procedures/policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls. Analyzes financial transactions for discrepancies and provides external audit and tax support. Will be assigned responsibility for specific subsidiaries and be the primary point of contact for those subsidiaries regarding financial questions from members of Senior Management and other members of the organization.Essential functions:
- Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts, preparing trial balances, and reconciling entries.
- Submits preliminary monthly financial statements to Controller for review.
- Promptly responds to and corrects Controller review comments and corrections to monthly financial statements and supporting documentation.
- Accumulates subsidiary and inter-company information from various departments and prepares monthly journal entries.
- Maintains monthly supporting documentation for journal entries required to adequately report the financial position for each company.
- Posts monthly journal entries and transactions on accounting system for each company.
- Assists in preparing the variety of year-end schedules, work papers, trial balances, etc. required by the company’s CPA firm.
- Participates with other departmental staff in the completion of a wide variety of projects, as requested.
- Assists the Controller in documenting formal accounting policies and procedures manual for all companies.
- Protects the Organization’s values by keeping information confidential.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or Accounting preferred.
- Proven experience as an Accountant, Senior Accountant, or Auditor, with 3 or more years relevant work experience.
- Experience working with multiple legal entities under different legal or regulatory umbrellas.
- Proficiency with Accounting ERP systems and Microsoft applications.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and to meet deadlines.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read, to write, speak and understand English well.