|Title:||Outside Plant Manager|
Responsible for the management of Outside Plant and Service Department personnel and equipment. Activities include oversight of the installation, maintenance and repair of telephone cable and fiber, as well as the Cobalt TV distribution system. Position is responsible for the supervision and training of the personnel necessary for these operations, customer relations, and short- and long-term planning of plant operations.
- Supervises all outside plant and service department personnel.
- Oversees the efficient operation of a reliable fiber and copper telephone network in order to maintain the availability of the network at the lowest long-term cost.
- Maintains proper records of all outside plant and service department records within MapKit and Elation.
- Participates in facility and network planning, including coordination with other carriers and large customers.
- Oversees the maintenance and repair of buildings and grounds in the Hamilton Telephone Company’s service area, as well as vehicle upkeep.
- Works to provide superior quality of service to internal and external customers.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability and willingness to work non-standard hours as needed.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Preferred education, experience, and skills:
- Five years of experience in telecommunications, some of which is in management or engineering related areas.
- Significant college work or tangible on the job experience and training in one of the following areas: telecommunications transmission, IP technology, or telecommunications management.
- Possesses general knowledge of hardware and software related to plant, access equipment, types of wiring and fiber, cable, pedestals, and drops.
- Possesses general knowledge of hardware and software related to cable television outside plant and headend equipment.
- Proficiency with computer terminals and keyboards.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize multiple deadlines and projects.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability and willingness to travel alone.
- Ability to lift and move a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Ability to drive equipment and vehicles on and off road.
- Works effectively in extremes of heat and cold as experienced in this area.