|Title:||Business Systems Technician|
|Application Deadline:||Open until filled|
Reports to: Business Systems Operations Manager
Position summary: Responsible for the installation, repair and maintenance of security, hosted and traditional PBX systems and their associated LAN/WAN networks. This position will also assist in the installation and termination of CAT 5e and 6 wiring for phone and data networks, as well as fiber optic cabling and installation.
- Installs categories 5e and 6 wiring and fiber according to Company and commercial guidelines.
- Will be willing to learn on the job to install, program, repair and maintain various types of security and PBX systems, door entry, biometric, voice mail and other business systems equipment as well as LAN/WAN data networks.
- Performs installation and maintenance of local-area-networks and information system services as well as audio paging and RF paging.
- Assists in the troubleshooting of wide-area-networks, including IP networks associated with multiple locations key system applications.
- Communicates with construction contractors to meet wiring codes, along with internal and external customers to resolve service concerns and service questions.
- Reads (or quickly learns to read) blueprints, cabling, schematics and other job related diagrams.
- Possesses a willingness to be on call on a scheduled and unscheduled basis.
- Ability and willingness to work non-standard hours as needed.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to effectively work in extremes of heat and cold such as experienced in this locale.
- Occasional exposure to substantial noise while on the premise of customers.
- Ability to lift and move a minimum of 50 pounds and to utilize lifting equipment for additional weight.
- Ability to stand, crouch and kneel for long periods of time.
- Ability to manipulate and use hand tools.
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs on a regular basis.
- Ability to hear and see both auditory and visual commands from computer and other communication devices.
- Ability to assess and troubleshoot voice and data connection quality over various telephone and computer based devices.
- Ability to follow instruction and work independently for long periods of time.
- Ability to work at heights and work in cramped conditions, such as crawl spaces and attics.
Preferred education, experience, and skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to clearly communicate in both written and spoken English.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work in order to meet deadlines.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Telephone, computer and networking skills, specifically in a LAN/WAN environment is preferred.
- Experience installing and/or maintaining Avaya or similar phone systems is preferred.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.