|Title:||Call Center Assistant Manager|
|Location:||Baton Rouge, Louisiana|
|Application Deadline:||Open until filled|
The Relay Call Center Assistant Manager assists in relay operations and activities within the Relay Center with primary emphasis on quality and efficiency. The Relay Call Center Assistant Manager assists in the development of operational staff to ensure the success of the company, as well as insuring that all relay services meet expectations of relay users.
- Serves as a role model by demonstrating our corporate culture and core beliefs on a daily basis. Coaches and mentors others regarding corporate culture and expectations.
- Provides a strong source of motivation to the Relay Staff. Develops and fosters a positive, energetic, enthusiastic work atmosphere that stresses team above self. Coaches and leads staff members by recognizing and developing talent.
- Assists with personnel issues in a manner that follows center policies and procedures.
- Understands, monitors, maintains, and communicates policies and procedures clearly, accurately, and in a timely fashion. Follows and establishes “rules” of decorum, etc. on the relay floor and for general activity within the center.
- Communicates company goals to center staff to ensure every employee understands his or her role.
- Conducts performance reviews for direct staff.
- Assists in communicating with employees about new development and service enhancements. Identifies and recommends service or quality improvements based upon the feedback of relay employees and users.
- Assists Relay Center Manager in meeting center staffing requirements and assists the staffing department by making suggestions for contingency plans to meet peaks and valleys of relay traffic.
- Supports activities of human resources and administrative staff.
- Maintains confidentiality of any information regarding personnel, procedures, and technology.
- Monitors compliance with federal and state requirements related to relay system performance and develops corrective actions in areas that are in noncompliance.
- Reviews relay statistics on a daily basis to increase the efficiency of the center and enhance the quality of service to end-users.
- Works with Hamilton Relay Call Center Manager in developing programs to reduce absenteeism and decrease employee attrition as well as incentive programs that allow us to meet the needs of our customers and motivate employees.
- Participates as an active team member with other company leadership.
- Develops and implements special projects as needed.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when needed.
- Makes efficient use of technology for optimum production results.
- Works consistently with minimal supervision.
- Must be willing to travel to other Hamilton Relay Centers as needed.
Preferred education, experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience. One to two years call center management experience.
- Experience and knowledge of deaf culture and hard of hearing culture and American Sign Language is preferred.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including the ability to read, speak, and understand English well.
- Management, interpersonal, and leadership skills required, including advanced conflict resolution skills.
- Principles and techniques of supervision, training and performance evaluation.
- Principles and practices of organization, administration and personnel management.