|Title:||Relay RTT Outreach Coordinator - Maryland|
Responsible for coordinating and implementing outreach activities designed to promote Real-Time Text (RTT). Office is located at the Telecommunications Access of Maryland (TAM) office.
- Provides education and guidance to residential, commercial, instructional and public sectors within the community about Maryland Relay specifically RTT services but cross trained with all services that Maryland Relay offers.
- Works closely with the regulatory body and the telecommunications equipment distribution programs and conducts joint outreach activities throughout the year.
- Individual to participate in up to one-hundred fifty (150) outreach events per contract year as directed by the State.
- Develops annual outreach plan designed to promote Maryland Relay.
- Plans and implements innovative outreach activities that support the annual outreach plan.
- Facilitates awareness and stimulates involvement in target communities (Deaf, Hard of Hearing, , DeafBlind, individuals who have difficulty speaking, senior citizens, and Spanish speaking individuals) to increase the awareness of relay services offered within the State of Maryland.
- Facilitates trainings with Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) call centers to educate call takers about how to respond to relay calls.
- Coordinates and conducts demonstrations, presentations, exhibits, and training across Maryland for businesses, residents, and organizations.
- Gathers and shares customer feedback with Hamilton Relay management with the goal of improving products and the effectiveness of the products and services offered.
- Promotes the program through participating in regional events, conferences, association meetings, etc.
- Participates in scheduled outreach meetings, Governor Advisory Board for Telephone Relay (GABTR) meetings, outreach activities and marketing summits.
- Implements and monitors programs/projects as directed by management, and sees the programs/projects through to completion.
- Travel is significant in this position.
- Stays abreast of technological changes occurring in the relay industry.
- Stresses quality in all work situations.
- Ability and willingness to work non-standard hours as needed, including evenings and weekends.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Education, experience, and skills:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and two or more years of experience in the design and implementation of public outreach, public relations or related marketing experience are required.
- Experience in the telecommunication field, Traditional Relay Service or Captioned Telephone Service is preferred.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Experience in public relations activities.
- Excellent English writing skills.
- Strong technical skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively to a variety of audiences.
- Knowledge of software such as CRM programs, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Power Point.
- Ability to develop effective outreach and educational campaigns.
- Ability to confidently communicate (oral and written) with a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to plan, schedule, organize and execute multiple projects.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Capacity to develop and maintain effective working relationships with the regulatory body, organizations within the public, private, and non-profit sectors.
- Knowledge of and ability to understand various communication modes used by current and potential relay users.
- Familiarity with the communities that could benefit from services Hamilton offers:
- Hard of Hearing Community
- Senior Community
- People with Speech Difficulties
- Deaf Community
- DeafBlind Community
- Spanish Speaking Community
- Emergency Services and 911 Call Takers
- Ability to communicate fluently through the use of American Sign Language (recommended).
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability and willingness to travel alone.