|Title:||Internet Service Technician|
|Application Deadline:||Open until filled|
Performs a wide range of technical support, troubleshooting and customer services pertaining to Internet connectivity support. The technician will work with customers on Fiber to the Home, DSL, modems, routers, PCs, business and home networking, computer sales and repair and other activities pertaining to installing and maintaining Hamilton services. The majority of customer support and troubleshooting will be handled via help desk technical support over the telephone and will also involve coordination with NCTC Field Technicians and occasional onsite customer premise work. Position is based in Gibbon, NE.Essential functions:
- Troubleshoots and handles help desk phone calls Internet connectivity-related issues and questions as well as hardware or software use, diagnosis and repair. Will answer the initial call for support working to resolve each issue in a responsive and timely manner. PC hardware and software problems.
- Will facilitate Internet service installations and troubleshooting resolution using Hamilton systems and will document all customer support activity.
- Will work with Outside Plant/Field operations and methods and will routinely interface with field technicians on installations and repairs.
- Follows all Hamilton processes and procedures.
- Performs PC and small network maintenance and repair.
- Willing to take on call after hours support calls on a rotating basis.
- Regularly provides status updates to the manager regarding progress towards final completions of tasks, needs for material or needs for assistance.
- Effectively gathers and communicates relevant information and responds to questions from a variety of people possessing various levels of technical knowledge
- Works and communicates well in a close knit, team environment
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift and move a minimum of 25 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds on occasion.
- Ability to manipulate and use hand tools, computer keyboards and other items requiring dexterity.
- Ability to travel to and from local customer sites on a regular basis.
- Ability to stand, crouch and kneel for long periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders and work at heights above ground.
- Ability to hear and see auditory and visual commands and signals from computer, telephony and other electronic equipment.
Preferred education, experience, and skills:
- High School graduate with additional related technical training or experience.
- Experience with internet connectivity and user configuration, related equipment, installation, diagnostics, troubleshooting and repair.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in written or diagram form.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills – verbal and written.
- Possess self-starting, self-motivated mindset with the ability to work issues through to completion, while seeking assistance from support staff as needed.
- Must possess a valid Nebraska Driver’s License.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English well.