|Application Deadline:||Open until filled|
Position summary: Processes payroll for 1,000+ employees and is responsible for various HR/Payroll reporting and clerical tasks within the Human Resource Department.
- Learns, understands, interprets, and applies company policy and government regulations in connection with payroll procedures.
- Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information from JD Edwards (JDE) payroll system.
- Maintains all applicable information on the JDE payroll system and Kronos timekeeping system necessary for proper processing of payroll.
- Ensures labor distributions to companies or departments are accurate.
- Reviews overtime hours in accordance with company policy.
- Computes wages for employees working on bonus or commission.
- Reviews PTO and holiday hours used or accrued each pay period for accuracy.
- Reviews and processes payroll deductions.
- Analyzes payroll for accuracy before checks are issued.
- Generates HR/payroll reports for business lines on weekly/pay period basis.
- Provides the Accounting Department with data necessary for the preparation of federal and state government reports and tax remittances.
- Learns, understands, and interprets information contained in various benefit plan documents in regards to eligibility, annual limits, etc.
- Maintains employee personnel and other related HR files in an orderly and timely manner and insures all necessary documentation is included and releases only to authorized individuals.
- Serves as a resource for employee questions related to payroll.
- Compiles information and remits payments for payroll deductions due to third parties.
- Assists the Human Resource department with awareness and implementation of HR/Company policy.
- Make recommendations to Human Resource Manager related to the maximization of departmental effectiveness and efficiency.
- Stresses quality, professionalism, teamwork and an excellent attitude in all work situations.
- Assists with internal reporting and tracking of related information on an as needed basis.
- Performs a variety of filing tasks within the department.
- Assists HR staff as needed.
- Attends recommended training seminars and strives to expand personal human resources and payroll related knowledge.
- Ability and willingness to work non-standard hours as needed.
- Performs similar work related duties as assigned.
Preferred education, experience, and skills:
- High school education or equivalent.
- Associate or Bachelor degree preferred but not required.
- One to three years payroll experience required.
- JD Edwards, Kronos, or similar enterprise software experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality is essential.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and absorb interruptions throughout the day.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications