Responsible for the coordination and completion of a wide range of projects for internal and external customers. Oversees all aspects of project management including the planning process, sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, monitors progress, and reports on project status. Ensures projects are on time, within budget, and within scope.
- Manages a variety of process enhancement & improvement, development, and maintenance projects for internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates the ability to manage two to six projects simultaneously and develops a strong, accountable Project team.
- Coordinates internal and external human and material resources in order to achieve a variety of objectives.
- Defines and provides direction for others in defining project scope and priority.
- Monitors project status through all stages of development.
- Keeps management and stakeholders informed as to progress of projects’ timelines and budgets through both formal and informal reporting.
- Demonstrates strong customer service skills and the ability to manage all communication flow to/from customers through project development and implementation. Interacts professionally and works productively with internal and external customers.
- Utilizes project management methodology and applies formal methodology to projects.
- Manages the risk and unpredictable aspects of projects and the expectations of management.
- Leads project design, status and review meetings with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work non-standard hours as needed.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Preferred education, experience, and skills:
- BS or MS degree in an engineering discipline, computer science, business or project management related discipline or equivalent related work experience.
- Five years of work experience in project management or process improvement work, preferably in the field of information technology or telecommunications.
- Working knowledge and understanding of information systems technology.
- Product management experience a plus.
- PMI certification(s) (e.g. CAPM, PMP, PMI-ACP) a plus.
- Possess strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Proficient utilization of a variety of software tools to effectively manage projects. Examples include MS Excel, Jira, and SharePoint.
- The ability to understand and communicate complex ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent deductive reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability and willingness to travel alone.