|Title:||Business Systems Technician Apprentice|
|Application Deadline:||Open until filled|
Assists with the installation and termination of CAT 6 wiring for phone and data networks, as well as fiber optic cabling. Learns how to repair and maintain multiple line business phone, security and biometric systems.
- Installs category 6 wiring and fiber according to Company and commercial guidelines.
- Learns on the job to install, program, repair and maintain various types of security and business phone systems, door entry, biometric, voice mail and other business systems equipment as well as LAN/WAN data networks.
- Communicates with construction contractors to meet wiring codes, along with internal and external customers to resolve service concerns and service questions.
- Reads (or quickly learns to read) blueprints, cabling, schematics and other job-related diagrams.
- Ability and willingness to work non-standard hours as needed.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to effectively work in extremes of heat and cold such as experienced in this locale.
- Occasional exposure to substantial noise while on the premise of customers.
- Ability to lift and move a minimum of 50 pounds and to utilize lifting equipment for additional weight.
- Ability to stand, crouch and kneel for long periods of time.
- Ability to manipulate and use hand tools.
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs on a regular basis.
- Ability to hear and see both auditory and visual commands from computer and other communication devices.
- Ability to assess and troubleshoot voice and data connection quality over various telephone and computer-based devices.
- Ability to follow instruction and work independently for long periods of time.
- Ability to work at heights and work in cramped conditions, such as crawl spaces and attics.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability and desire to learn new technology in an on the job training environment.
- Ability to clearly communicate in both written and spoken English.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work in order to meet deadlines.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.