Human Resources Assistant
|Title:||Human Resources Assistant|
- Human Resources Manager
- This position will be responsible for a wide variety of clerical and HR tasks within the Human Resources Department.
- Receives, researches, completes and performs all necessary follow up on unemployment claims and employment verification requests.
- Maintains employee personnel and other related HR files in an orderly and timely manner and insures all necessary documentation is included and releases only to authorized individuals.
- Coordinates with managers to plan internal and external advertising of job openings.
- Maintains applicant tracking system.
- Builds and develops applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, social media, and internet sites.
- Coordinate employment ads for all business lines and communicate with managers and advertising sources.
- Coordinates and schedules interviews with applicants.
- Performs reference checks on applicants work history.
- Performs online background checks for perspective new hires according to defined processes.
- Communicates with applicants regarding the application process and status of their application.
- Performs follow-up on applicants not selected for employment.
- Assists with Kronos timecard reconciliation.
- Completes various HR reporting.
- Coordinates the employee anniversary recognition program.
- Processes E-Verify information for all new hires in accordance with federal law.
- Assists the Human Resource department with awareness and implementation of HR/Company policy.
- Performs a variety of filing tasks within the department.
- Learns and understands information contained in various benefit plan documents.
- Stresses quality and detail in every work situation.
- Provides various backup functions within the Human Resource Department.
- Performs similar work related duties as assigned.
Preferred education, experience and skills:
- Associate or Bachelor degree preferred
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality is essential.
- Basic knowledge of Human Resources would be helpful.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to prioritize work and to meet deadlines.
- Detail-oriented and able to handle multiple assignments.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English well.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications