|Title:||General Accounting / Accounts Payable Supervisor|
|Application Deadline:||Open until filled|
Responsible for overseeing and coordinating the Accounts Payable function, ensuring accurate and timely vendor payments and providing support to internal and external customers. Additionally responsible for Fixed Assets, Cash Management and Bank Reconciliation processes. Develops and documents business and accounting procedures/policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls. Analyzes financial transactions for discrepancies and provides external audit and tax support.
- Acts as Accounts Payable Supervisor, responsible for assigning and realigning tasks among the Accounts Payable staff, assists with training staff as necessary, works with other departments and employees to ensure compliance with related internal controls and accounting policies/procedures.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of functional areas including Cash Disbursements, Purchasing/Procurement, Cash Management, and Fixed Assets.
- Assists Controller in documenting formal accounting policies and procedures manual as it relates to areas of responsibility for all companies and implements such into the Company’s accounting enterprise software system.
- Reviews and analyzes accounting processes and procedures and explores functionality of the accounting enterprise software system to increase department efficiencies.
- Performs hands-on functions across areas of responsibility as necessary
- Researches variances to ensure accurate operating results and to provide support to all internal and external customers.
- Possesses an understanding of State Sales Tax regulations and assists in the proper application of Sales or Use taxes as necessary.
- Assists in preparing the variety of year-end schedules, workpapers, trial balances, etc. required by the company’s CPA firm.
- Participates with other departmental staff in the completion of a wide variety of projects, as requested.
Preferred education, experience, and skills:
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or Accounting preferred, or possess equivalent work experience for the duties described combined with Associates Degree in Business Administration or Accounting.
- Proven experience in Accounts Payable, Cash Management, Fixed Assets, or Accounting, with 3 or more years relevant work experience.
- Proficiency with Accounting ERP systems and Microsoft applications.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with spreadsheet programs (e.g. Microsoft Excel).
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills.