|Application Deadline:||Open until filled|
Prepares monthly adjusting, recurring, correcting and closing journal entries; prepares general ledger account reconciliations; prepares monthly inter-company transaction billings; prepares monthly balance sheets, income statements and statements of cash flows.Essential functions:
- Compiles current month and year to date general ledger information for all operating companies and divisions.
- Prepares balance sheets, income statements and statements of cash flow.
- Submits preliminary monthly financial statements to supervisor for review.
- Promptly responds to and corrects supervisors review comments and corrections to the monthly financial statements and supporting documentation.
- Distributes approved financial statements to designated managers and other designated individuals.
- Prepares inter-company billings in accordance with current contracts using current month operating and statistical information.
- Accumulates subsidiary information from various departments and prepares monthly journal entries.
- Maintains monthly supporting documentation for journal entries required to adequately report the financial position for each company.
- Posts monthly journal entries and transactions on accounting system for each company.
- Reconciles master ledger accounts to subsidiary ledger detail.
- Assists in preparing the variety of year-end schedules, workpapers, trial balances, etc. required by the company’s CPA firm.
- Participates with other departmental staff in the completion of a wide variety of projects, as requested.
- Assist accounting manager in documenting formal accounting policies and procedures manual for all companies.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or Accounting preferred, or possess equivalent work experience for the duties described combined with Associates Degree in Business Administration or Accounting.
- Proficiency with computer terminals, keyboards and calculator.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with spreadsheet programs (e.g. Microsoft Excel).
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read, to write, speak and understand English well.