|Title:||Outreach Coordinator - Louisiana|
|Location:||Baton Rouge, LA|
Hamilton Relay is looking for an Outreach Coordinator in Louisiana. This position is responsible for coordinating and implementing outreach activities designed to promote Telecommunication Relay Services and Captioned Telephone Relay Service (CapTel®) for Louisiana Relay Services.
- Provides education and guidance to residential, commercial, instructional, and public sectors within the community about relay services.
- Works closely with the regulatory body and the telecommunications equipment distribution programs and conducts joint outreach activities throughout the year.
- Develops an annual outreach plan designed to promote relay services.
- Plans and implements innovative outreach activities that support the annual outreach plan.
- Facilitates awareness and stimulates involvement in targeted communities (Deaf, Hard of Hearing, Deaf-Blind, individuals who have difficulty speaking, senior citizens, or Spanish speaking) to increase the awareness of relay services.
- Coordinates and conducts demonstrations, presentations, exhibits, and training programs regarding relay services for prospective customers including businesses, agencies, and organizations.
- Gathers and shares customer feedback with Hamilton Relay management with the goal of improving products and the effectiveness of the services offered.
- Promotes the program through participation in regional events, conference association meetings, etc.
- Participates in outreach meetings, Louisiana Relay Administration Board meetings, outreach activities and marketing summits.
What else do you need to know about this position:
- Travel is a significant role in this position.
- Stays abreast of technological changes occurring in the relay industry.
- Stresses quality in all work situations.
- Ability and willingness to work non-standard hours as needed.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Located in either Baton Rouge or New Orleans.
The person we are looking for will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree and two or more years of experience in the design and implementation of public outreach, public relations, or related marketing experience.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Experience in public relations activities.
- Ability to communicate fluently through the use of American Sign Language (recommended).
- Excellent English writing skills.
- Ability to develop effective outreach and educational campaigns.
- Ability to confidently communicate (oral and written) with a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to plan, schedule and execute multiple projects.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Capacity to develop and maintain effective working relationships with the regulatory body, organizations within the public, private, and non-profit sectors.
- Knowledge of and ability to understand various communication modes used by current and potential relay users.
- Familiarity with the communities that could benefit from relay service:
- People with Speech Difficulties
- Senior Community
- Hard of Hearing Community
- Deaf Community
- DeafBlind Community
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability and willingness to travel alone.