|Location:||Grand Island, NE|
|Application Deadline:||Open until filled|
Consults on, builds, installs, configures, troubleshoots and repairs servers, networks, PCs, printers, switches and routers. Interacts with and provides technical support to commercial and retail customers.
- Consults with commercial and retail clients to understand technical needs and issues and advises clients with effective solutions.
- Provides pre and post-sale technical solutions of both hardware and software. Assists with the related service/hardware quotation and delivers said output to clients.
- Sells or assist in the sale of HIS services to prospective clients.
- Installs and configures hardware components such as servers, storage, routers, switches, cabling, monitors and printers.
- Loads specified operating systems and applications onto computers.
- Configures server and workstation operating systems and software to specifications and customer requirements.
- Verifies correct operation of servers, workstations, networks and related peripherals.
- Responds to client inquiries about systems operation to diagnose system hardware, software, spyware, virus and operator issues.
- Assists with various front office functions such as receipt of customer payments, processing service tickets, etc.
- Assists with network and phone system cabling.
- Provides phone support for Internet and basic PC operation.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses and resolves hardware and software problems.
- Works with end users to identify network and PC related issues and explain methods to avoid replicating similar issues.
- Coordinates activities with help desk, network services, or other information systems groups.
- Provides updates, status, and completion information to manager, problem request tracking system, and/or users, via voice mail, e-mail, or in-person communication.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift and move a minimum of 25 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds on occasion.
- Ability to manipulate and use hand tools.
- Ability to travel to and from local customer sites on a regular basis.
- Ability to stand, crouch and kneel for long periods of time.
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs on a regular basis.
- Ability to hear and see auditory and visual commands and signals from computer, telephony and other electronic equipment.
Preferred education, experience, and skills:
- Possess strong problem solving skills.
- A+ and other industry technical certifications such as CCNA, MCSA or E or equivalent knowledge would be helpful.
- Medium to advanced understanding and experience with Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Medium to advanced understanding of troubleshooting procedures for routers, servers, PCs and Internet in a LAN/WAN environments.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients and coworkers.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Possess valid driver’s license and be able to travel to client sites without restriction.