|Title:||Business Support Specialist|
|Application Deadline:||Open until filled|
Position summary: Coordinates the administrative and clerical functions for the legal department in accordance with Hamilton policies and procedures. Enhances department effectiveness by tracking contracts, reviewing and drafting documents and communications, and coordinating projects with management.
- Create, update, and track a variety of electronic and paper files, records, reports, and related documents while maintaining file integrity, confidentiality, and accuracy.
- Assist in the coordination, drafting and tracking of contracts and legal documents.
- Oversee day-to-day office activities.
- Perform various writing tasks such as prepare reports, business correspondence, draft policy and procedures, develop presentations to facilitate information exchange, and proofread documents for distribution.
- Collect information and compile data for reports as required.
- Update and follow up on delegated tasks to ensure progress on established deadlines while effectively coordinating concurrent tasks assigned by multiple internal customers.
- Coordinate and complete projects as assigned by management, ensure deadlines are met and work is completed correctly and with accuracy.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, personnel records, and company information.
- Stress quality in all work situations.
- Use independent judgment in completing activities and operates under general supervision.
- Have the ability and willingness to work non-standard hours as needed.
- Perform similar work-related duties as assigned.
Preferred education, experience, and skills:
- Post secondary degree in Business Administration, office management, administrative assistant or a related field.
- Three or more years of experience in a professional office setting.
- Ability to use general office equipment.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize multiple deadlines and projects.
- Proficient in the utilization of MS Excel, Word and Access, or similar word processing software.
- Excellent use of English grammar, spelling, and composition.
- Proficient in formats used in business communications with strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to type a minimum of 50 w.p.m.